Friday, November 28, 2008

Food Feast!

Phew...blog twice today!
Happy mar...
Just got my salary and I had reduced my debt.
ooo..before proceeding, I just bought another insurance..with a handsome agent. He is 30 years of age but looks way younger than me and he is driving a BMW!
Heck..what I am doing then? Adding more into his full pockets?
LOL...Sorry Jeff...
Btw, back to the happy moments...
I been planning to treat my sifu for quite some time..so I finally had the time to treat that old lady. We went for Kiku Zakura and LF is included in my treat-list.
Erm...were too busy with chomping down the food.. I did not take down any pictures.
But we ordered the following:

Appertizers: Edamame (RM12), Salmon Sashimi (RM48) Agedashi Tofu (RM12)
Main course wise, I ordered the Unagi Kabayaki (RM38).
LF went with Chicken Teriyaki and sifu went with some bento thing.
For me, I will not go for another round to Zakura.

First, is the portion they served. The edamame price at RM12 should serve a moderate portion as an appertizer. Instead, the portion equivalent to Sushi King which only price at RM4. Man, that is unreasonable!

Next, we still can taste the ice in the sashimi. Yes it is fresh but the salmon should be defrost before serving to the customers. But instead, they careless about this. This is a disappointment as I always confident on Zakura's quality.

The tofu is moderate lar. Nothing to complain about.

Then was my main course. The unagi served was only 2 thin slices and with chawanmushi that overly cooked with gingko. Surprising, I just smell the gingko but could not find one in it. The prawn in the chawanmushi was over cooked too. Second disappointment!

Overall, I rate it below average.
Nevertheless, the environment in Zakura is always the best. Maybe not much crowd that's why we have the whole restaurant for ourselves!

Of course the rating I gave is only applicable to the Avenue K branch. I remembered the one in BTS was really nice. And even at MV still remain the best.

But we still had a good night after all.

The next day, I am suppose to treat the kids for a dinner at Pavillion - Tony Roma's. My mom, aunty and uncle tagged along too!
We ordered quite a sumptous amount of appertizers as mom and auntie were too full for main course.
So I ordered: Onion roll full size for RM16.90, Tony's Platter for RM39.90 and Asian Grill Chicken Salad full size for RM19.90. As we had 7 of us in a table, the kids and me were quite hungry, we chomp down the appertizers in the speed of light. But to my disappointment, the platter comes with onion roll too. Sigh. Should order the fried mushroom instead.

For main course, I ordered the Buffalo's Sandwich at RM18.90. Well, its actually a burger. But I don't know why they call it sandwich. The filling is chicken and it taste almost the same as KFC Zinger burger. So, was quite disappointed on it.

The environment is just moderate to me as we were placed in the front porch of the restaurant instead of inside. So with the crowd, we hardly able to talk. Still the get together time with family members are the best. And again, I swipe the card.

Woop. two meals cost me to approx RM500.

Next will be trying Ninja Jones in North Point and bringing my mom, grandma and darling to DucKing in Jaya One this weekend.

Ninja Jones - for Chew belated birthday. As I am unable to celebrate with you, let me treat you for a good meal there. The reviews from the internet were good.

DucKing - as mommy wants to share the bill for the treat to the kids, I decided to bring her for duck cuisine. She loves duck. Besides, never treat grandma for anything so I feel guilty. Then, darling insisted me to treat him because of my promotion. So, how can I say NO?

Wahlao...with the above food feast that I get myself into..I will spend my salary just for that man! And I need shopping leh?

POk Kai lor.....

No comments: