Monday, July 18, 2011

It's sad, but life goes on

Things happened so fast you rarely have the time to think about what you should do next.
I hardly make myself stay at home mourning for the loss of my Bubu so decided to continue with my weekend activity. 

Dated Ai Ling and Chew for our jogging session. But due to the mourning and swollen eyes, my mood was not up to any jog at all. We end up walking for 20 minutes and salvage ourselves in the hawker food stalls around. Not very healthy, I know. But hell I need comfort food!


Kites flying!


Looks like we had quite a run eh? ROFL


:)
 I never expect a great view of landscape and the huge lake from this park. If we want to jog around the lake for a trial, we really have to make sure enough stamina and water to last this one HUGE lap!


Ah chew smiling with a view behind!

Me and Ai Ling. 
Me and Chew
View above the lake









The above flower shots are just random clicking on being a so-called photographer. Still making her fingers clear on how to move around with this G12...

After our so-called jog-a-walk, we moved back to the hawker stalls to indulge in some comfort food. Not much of a variety though. More on toys and kites for the kids.

I miss this fish satay. Back in those primary school days. Yummy!
Then, we drove back home to Chew's house to get ourselves clean before indulge further on the comfort food. But her mom had some fabulous durians waiting for us. Fresh from the fridge..BURP!!


For the night, we went to Silver Spoon, an italian restaurant in Manjalara. Price at average and taste is not bad. Worth to try and you will sure come back for more!

Nothing more serious than deciding what to indulge!

The kitchen feel very Italian

Menu is not really extensive but quite some choices for you to choose

Calamari Salad
This calamari salad took us by surprise because the calamari is MORE than the vegetables. But perfectly grilled with that finger licking good garlic dip. Fabulous combination. Should pair this with Beer!

Hawaiian Pizza
 Taste is average. I'm hoping for more cheese.

Chicken Cordon Bleu
This was a disaster. Took 3 bites of the chicken and I had my stomach twisted due to overdosed of Salt! Too salty and I am so sure it didn't taste like any Cordon Bleu chicken at all! Luckily the mashed potatoes at the side save this dish.

We had a pasta with salmon. Didn't get the picture because another dish that is no need for attention about. Nothing wrong with the pasta but I'm not a fan of smoked salmon. 

Creme Brulee
The crispy sugar coating makes perfect ending for the night. But the custard should freeze it longer.

Tiramisu
This is not bad, but the espresso flavour not rich enough for my taste bud.

Overall, I'll still back for more even though certain dishes are really needless to mention. But, the previous try of their risottos make me crave for more. 

Saturday started with tears and end with more gossips, laughter, good food and great friends.

Mourning for Bubu is a sure thing but I know he wish me to enjoy my life here. I'll definitely meet him some day, some where, up there.

This weekend was tough and restless. Hope next week will be a better one.

So God, I had enough mourning and depression. Please surprise me with laughter and love. Amen!

No comments: