Monday, July 17, 2017

Star Cruise Libra : our first cruise! (Part 4)

Obviously it was not a nightmare, so I was like a walking zombie in the morning, while packing for the check out yet trying to keep the mood alive. Since the rings won't be back, no matter how much tears, let's not kill the entire trip because of this.


(Courtesy from 30quotes.com)

As much as I want to forget this trip, I still would like to pass on some final tips about the cruise for you, though. On the last day, the reception counter will be opened from 6 am onwards for you to proceed checkout and clear your bills. This is to cater the massive number of patrons on board hence, either you get up early and join the queue or, what I chose was to do an express checkout!  Just bring your Access Card and your valid credit card the day before the last day, the reception will accumulate your spendings so far and ask for an addition 25-30% deposit on top of your already spent amount. They will swipe your card and any excess will be refund to you 15-25 days later. Through your credit card bank of course.

If you don't mind to swipe extra beforehand, I will strongly suggest you opt for this express checkout to save your time and all the hassle. Of course, you must keep track of your spending so that you can check your bill easily.

Nevertheless, after they swipe your card a night before, you can still receive the final bill in the morning of the last day for confirmation if your spending is correct. If there is discrepancies, you can always check again with the reception.

Passport can be collected from the concierge after your breakfast and upon settlement of your bill. Simple as that!





Final pictures on board from the gala dinner. The only ones I have in my phone though.

We left the cruise and rush to the parking because we were super hot from the scorching sun. Thank god only my rings were lost, the car was safely park in the parking. So parking so quite safe though at your own risk. LOL!

Then we moved on to find our hotel for our last night in Penang. Yes, even the #ilostmyrings story, I still have another night to go before I am able to crawl to my comfortable bed and cry again. Sigh.

Our hotel is quite near the port with a very small entrance. You may missed it on your first round, so be prepared to drive around the alley for another round to spot the entrance. We opted something new and cheap with breakfast :Reunion Heritage Hotel from booking.com

If you are coming with friends and young couple, this is quite a nice option. But I have a #rascaltoddler with me and my mom, so deluxe suite is located upstairs with a super steep stairs, so this is quite difficult for us. This hotel is refurbished from an old kapitan terrace building in Penang. No lifts! Obviously!

I got a few pictures from the Google Image below. As I say, this will be perfect for friends or young couple. The room is very nice as well. 

The entrance. Obviously small. There is public parking which needs parking coupon from local Council and coupon only available from certain vendors or convenience store around. But you can always refer to the hotel as they have quite an excellent customer service I must say!

But being the hotel guest, you are allow to park for free at the car wash opposite the hotel. My car needed a wash so with a simple polish and neo clean for the interior it only cost me RM55. Excellent so though it's free my service fe the car wash was even better because I engaged their service! Lol! 


The steep stair case that I meant


 This is exactly how our room looks like! 

So, with an energy that never last kind or #rascaltoddler the stairs inside the room was a damn exciting toy to explore but gave both my mom and me a heart attack!

The room came with a small kitchen area that have sink and mini fridge. What this picture didn't capture was the cup and saucer provided for you coffee and tea. It was like an antique chinas! Love it!


The bathroom is the highlight for me. Everything is very antique look!

After refreshing ourselves, we went out for food hunt! How can you no way local food if you come to Penang, you tell me!

But Penang basically is a very busy island itself and parking space is scarce. So, here the tips for you if you are to visit Penang via self drive. Get a hotel that provide you free parking facility! After the drive from KL to Penang, I bet you do not want to drive around Penang looking for parking space when you do your food hunt!? Right?! Easy lah, use Grab or Uber lor!

Coincidentally, it was still a fasting month when I visited so Uber had this promo for all your rides for the day. We just took the foldable stroller with us and hop onto Uber for our food hunt.

Damn convenient because we just need to hop on and off without worrying where to park our car and best, with the promo, all our rides for that day were free!!!! Yes, FREE!!


Went to queue for the best cendol lor at Jalan Penang/ Jalan Besar. Just Waze can sampai already. Some say not nice some say nice. I just kind of like it, so queue la

Then we took the Uber to this Upside Down Museum, since we still have a couple hours to kill before our energy totally depleted for the day! LOL.

It cost about RM24 for Malaysian and kids below 4 is free. You are required to take off your shoes and placed in the locker. Don't worry about not able to take pictures because it says "museum". The place provide service to take pictures from your phone for free. And they took many many many for you. Here's all I have in phone. Some are duplicates though! Pardon my fat legs lar, I didn't expect to take pictures lehh so I dress as little as the public permits for fat people because the weather was so hot!











This is one of the picture she listen and join us doing crazy stuff! 




Spider melody

























Sorry if my fats cause an eye sore to you. ROFL

That's a wrap for this super long delayed post about our first cruise guys. Hope you do read from Part 1 to this part. Obviously very long winded from me. 

My last verdict, despite #ilostmyrings story which indirectly caused the trip to cost me a bomb, this cruise is pretty fun experience for first timer. Will I try another cruise again? I think I will but definitely not choose a cheap cruise. You'll get what you paid for so if you are expecting a super good cruise, you should expect to pay a premium price. Though it will take me another few years to join a new cruise mainly because need to wait my #rascaltoddler to grow up abit for her to join more activities on board, and should definitely book another cruise with elders in the family. All food and activities are already planned for, so it is such a fun family vacation I must say.

Hope my tips and reviews give you some insight of this cruise. It is not a bad choice after all!

Pen off for now! 

No comments: