Friday, July 28, 2017

Birthdays! How far you'd go to throw a party?!


That’s me when I am trying to crack for ideas what to blog. Subsequently pick up my phone and start browsing pictures in phone. I’ve realized quite a lot to blog about but it involves other people kids (i.e kids birthday that we attended for the past weeks) but I do not want to blog and publish other people kids pictures without their parents’ consent so below are some “edited” versions of the pictures.

Since I’ve started with this post about  “birthdays” – let’s talk about birthday celebration then.

How did you last celebrate your birthday?

Extravaganza party with loads of pink and bling?
Or still rocking crazy skimpy outfits with cheap booze and head banging music?
Somewhat more sophisticated way by just a romantic dinner with your other half?
Still single, so a dress to kill dinner follow up by late night party with your BFFs?
Maybe you think you are too old, so ordered take away food and stuff your face with fries accompany with some chic flick movies at home?

With the revolution of “birthday celebration” over the decades, from what I’ve been through personally, things had gotten quite interesting as you aged/more birthdays you celebrated/attended.

I vaguely remembered my most memorable birthday was when I celebrated my 9th birthday. Being the first grandchild to the family and only child to my parents, I had the privileged to throw something “huge” and “fancy” that year because I was so “smart” I scored pretty good in school that year. In return I asked for a big birthday bash from my parents and they kept their promise. I came from a huge family, so huge party means all of my family were invited (though we pretty see each other on a weekly basis for dinner) and because it was a huge and fancy party, my mom and grandma worked extra hard to put loads of food on the table. From fried mee hoon to curry chicken, to fried nuggets to fruits and jelly. It was indeed very fancy compare to the simple birthday celebration I had before this! 

That was one memorable birthday party I had during my kid days. Because things got harder for the family to pass by each day. Either we were struggling financially or we were busy growing up and apart from each other.

Fast forward to youth age (damn I sound so old), I had couple of celebrations with closed friends and boyfriends (ahem). There were great memories as well because alcohol was introduced. A fair share of alcohol always makes things better. 

I received many birthday gifts before and really expensive ones too. Designer bags, clothes, good food which used to be so important for birthdays. However as I aged, things took a 360 change. Presents are just icing on the cake. I value more whether I'm surrounded with family and my good mates. Enjoying every moment of it is more important than all the material satisfaction. I didn't have a birthday cake this year! But I'm not complaining. I have my #rascaltoddler celebrating with me and my favourite food to celebrate: Hotpot!



海底捞@ Singapore!



One thing for sure beside the good food, the best service from the waitress team. Also embarrassing signboard to celebrate your birthday. But I'm loving it

Ok, I take back my words, I did have a "cake"

We went to Singapore for a short trip but due to the weather and problem with our autocard, we didn't get to see around much. Just window shopping and food. And the next day we had to head back to Mr Hubs base and off we go on seperate ways to our home.

Not trying to be sentimental at this age to start appreciating family and time being with them, I guess mainly because being a mom now, I tend to put all my effort into planning a big birthday parties for her instead of myself. Hmm, how motherhood change me. My desire to host my own parties has been replaced by theme birthdays for my #rascaltoddler.

We did Peppa Pig for her 1st birthday 

Sorry, picture abit blurry cos I just snapshot from FB album


As per the caption, super hard work lehh


Decoration went all out even on every little details


And how can we not have goodie bag prepared in accordance with the theme!


Even hired photographer to captured every moment. I don't think she remembered or even know what's going on, but I cannot stop myself not throwing her first party such extravagant way. It was our first birthday! So special for me too! And I was pretty satisfied with the outcome. Just so worth it.

Another year went by, we had her 2nd birthday. And this one we were at Mr Hubs hometown, so I could not really go all full planning because this was all planned by him. We had a Pinky Princess theme party!


Please excuse my exposes belly!

Rainbow cake top with some simple decoration. #rascaltoddler already started obsessed with clay so we decided to get the clay gift box as the goodie bag for the kids! 

We got some jelly and chocolates as well. I don't remember if there are sweets, so it's a little bit unhealthy. But #rascaltoddler never likes eating such stuff so she was happily enjoying her time with her favourite kor kor 





As parents, we decided to throw only big parties on alternate years. Coming 3rd birthday, with her growing up abit more and her likings for certain cartoon character has been very obvious lately, I'm wondering if we should throw an extraordinarily one this year or, something simple for her?!

Still has not really think about it. But with our travel plans coming up soon, we may have to skip a big one till another birthday. We will see!

Being monster mom, it is always going to be a themed birthday. 

So far, her obvious likings for characters down to top 3:-


I'm the culprit that introduce this series to her. Pororo, the little penguin and Friends. Originally from Korea. Not just because the mother, myself a KPop frenzy, but I personally watch this cartoon during pregnancy and I quite like the teachings and message behind every episodes. She loves Pororo and knows all the characters. We are still very crazy about the characters that so far we have some of their merchandise! And visiting Pororo Land soon. Super excited to see her reaction when we see the real Pororo! 

But as she grows and being a TV addict (like her mom), she suddenly falls in love with the super heroes that always save the day but never kill the villain (Disney Junior cartoons! Of cos no killing)


The PJ masks! She watches the episode from TV on a repeat mode. Got her the set of toys but she never really into playing those stuffs. Yet, if we are in a car seat where she always have her screen time on YouTube, she prefers this over Pororo....hmmmm

The last is her latest favourite among all I think. And my nightmare too!

Yes, I cannot believe I'm saying this. It's Frozen. Her love for Anna and Elsa and Let It Go is over the top of everything  else. If I'm to throw this theme party, I guess I need some moment to myself. Cry and sulk at one corner.
WHY??!!!!

Ok, let me put this straight. Not I butt itchy introduce this to her. I never! 

But the first time I think karma is a B was when I accidentally bought her Frozen socks from Denmark H&M. All the while I thought it was other Disney princesses! 
Then her favourite musical sing a very short part of the Let It Go chorus and she pick up this small part right away! She was never into princess-sy stuffs so I guess let's do some experiment.

I showed her Beauty & The Beast, she never even stay still for 5 minutes to watch it. I was like super joyful! Then I showed her Frozen DVD..she was hooked from the start!!!!!

And we never go back anymore.

It's too late.

She has her Anna &a Elsa soft toys. Then she wanted that slipper. Since these gonna stuck for quite some time, I got her pjs and is her favourite pjs now. Cannot imagine our coming Disneyland trip! She must be in awe when the real life duo appear in front of her. I think she will be more excited seeing them compare to Mickey and Minnie.

Waaaaaa...

No.....

Seriously?

LOL! Ok, it is still under discussion on the theme party..we will see!

No comments: