Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Star Cruise Libra - our first cruise! (Part 3) & #ilostmyrings

Image courtesy from Google Image

Tears tears go away
You remind me of my pain
You remind me of my past
You remind me of my rings
(Poem originated from https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/tears-tears-go-away - with my own twist)

Now comes to Part 3 / Day 3 of the trip also #ilostmyrings day

Chinese breakfast on Day 2 was disappointing so we were smart enough not to repeat mistakes twice. And since dinner from western menu was superb that night, we decided to go for western breakfast. The buffet spread did not have much variety but they cooked their egg to perfection. There will be an egg order chit for you on the table so you can choose type of egg you would like to have and have it as many as you want. Not Asian enough so I didn't take picture of my breakfast la. 

Vaguely remembered, we went to the pool just me and my girl having a blast with the cooling water. No, she had a blast while I eyed her like an eagle. I'm usually not superstitious but not sure why that morning I had this weird feeling. Unfortunately there was no designated kids pool. On the pool deck there were 2 adult pool which was 1 meter & 1.5/2 meters depth. Both pool have a higher beam which the water level only at your ankle level for adults. That's where younger kids can play. But there is no safety rail from this area into the deeper pool. So you can imagine with an active toddler who loves water play so much, all my energy was drained eyeing and catching her.

Picture courtesy from Star Cruise Libra
There the lighter blue beam in the pool. 

There is a Jacuzzi under the tent you see in the pictures where it can only fit for not more than 5 adults. I didn't get to enjoy that Jacuzzi because it will be nightmare to bring that toddler along. I had hard time trying to drag her out from the pool. Only her favourite cartoon Pororo can bribe her!

Poor toddler is too young to join most of the activities on board. But I really reckon to family with bigger kids. The service is not complimentary but for kids, you can enroll them into the kids club once you on board for the first day. It is a paid service for RM150-RM200 if I am not wrong, your kids had a complete activities for ALL days! The activities includes games and cooking classes. They even organize a pajamas party on the last night for the kids! Jealous much!

If you have younger kids like me, the only activity you can do is going into the nursery. You can leave your kids there (if your kids are independent enough) for a fee of RM20 per hour and there was a nice teacher Joy (a young nice lady) playing with your kids. But my toddler was too young to be independent, so I end up sit inside the nursery for an hour. FML

Dora was playing on the tv

The nursery
Unfortunately there was no other kids of her age in the nursery, so she end up playing only with Teacher Joy, did some coloring artwork and nibble on some snacks from Teacher Joy.

I need my caffeine fix after that, so we had a couple of selfies while waiting for my mom and friend back from their Krabi tour.



From my laughter damn obvious I have yet to find out that #ilostmyrings

Only after like 5 minutes before ready to our Gala dinner, the saddest day of my life happened. I didn't remember I've ever cried so bad. So bad that I felt very dizzy I could not stand still. Then I realised the more I cry mostly affected were the people around me. I didn't care how much it cost to call my Husband, I still called him anyway. He was more shocked than me thinking not so much about my missing rings but if something bad had happened to us. Or precisely his daughter. Then it hit me so bad that yes, though the precious memories these rings have with me but I think it will be million times worse if something bad happened to one of us. It will be worst day of my entire life. So I calmed down..still went down and joined the dinner.

The rest was history though I did have some pictures from the sport camera with me, but quality was so bad basically it's blur and bad lightings. Pardon me as the entire night passed by vaguely. I did not enjoy any moment of it hoping it was a nightmare and it will go away when I wake up later.

Sigh.

I remembered crying myself to sleep that night.

Vaguely remembered I woke up and found my rings in my pocket.

Sigh.

Of course it didn't happened.

So if you ask me how was the dinner, I can tell you nothing. 


No comments: