Friday, October 3, 2008

Is it necessary?

Since physically unattractive and being a plus size girl since young, trashing my body with lavish clothing is always not my main key to become fabulous!

I indulge myself into expensive accessories and skincare product to cover my flaws that I had been carrying it since the day I born.

Pityful isn't?

After years of studies and marketing research, and of course saving every penny I earned, I had made a successful step forward to a so-called higher working class shopaholic.
I failed my budgeting test once, which landed me in high debts and took almost 2 and half years of my salaries to pay off. Now, I am a wiser spender and of course more economic savvy than before. Slowly, I am able to fulfill my wish one by one.

Think big is always the start of the road to success.

My piece of advice is make sure you are able to think big. Talking big is not equal to thinking big.
I am very proud of myself as every day in my life (after clearing off that debt), the thinking of not enough m0ney at the end of the month is far at the back of my head. I am glad and thankful of my success. And since then, I never ever open my mouth to borrow any money from friends or family. A great success compare to the old me.

LOL...

So how to overcome all these?
Easy. Be thankful of the resources you currently have and start making plans on how to obtain future resources to meet your future plans.

First, start a user friendly budget and cash flow statement of your salary. Deduct off your fixed liabilities and at least 30% of your monthly pay as savings. The balance, divide equally on your own judgement of how you want to spend it.
Remember savings is IMPORTANT!
If you are a person who is unable to control your cravings towards spending (like me) open a current account. Though no interest yield from the monies you deposited but a good solution to avoid yourself to touch the monies. It will be a hassle to get quick cash from a current account as you need to write a cheque for that. Of course, the banks offer variety of convenient ways to withdraw the monies from current account. But please stick to the conventional way. PLEASE.

Then start saving from there.

However, the above will not help if you still spending and leading a heavy lifestyle.

So next step is to cut down your entertainment.

Research said most monies are spend to unnecessary entertainment.
You must be savvy in controlling your money for your entertainment. Since such act main objective is to entertain yourself, making sure yourself having a good time, then why you want to risk yourself on landing broke after enjoying yourself. So I recommend that you cut down unnecessary entertainment. Narrow down your activities to just co workers, bosses, clients and really close friends. Of course friends are necessities but u can catch up with friends at mamak stalls or cheaper hangout spots. As for work purposes, try to make sure they know your budget before making any silly decisions. For work wise, or maybe as for me, I care so much for my future. Not condemning my friends and jimuis, but we can catch up when necessary or once in a month. They are for your own sake and not your career wise. (but this is kind of subjective depending on what kind of friends you have)

Slowly, you will see the result at the end of the day.

That's how I manage to 'evolve' myself.

LOL

Hope the above message do send some positive guidance to some of you.

Don't ever rely on others to care how broke you are.

You need to stand up for yourself and manage your money which in the end will lead you to a better life and career.
We are no longer kiddies, friend.
We are 25, for God sake?
You still hoping someone else clearing your bills?

I'm sorry if I had offended you guys in any way..I'm just expressing my point of view.

Ok..cut the above grandma advice..


That day, I finally owned my Bobbi Brown.
Well, the monies did go to the best of the best.
The must have is the creamy concealer. This won the Cleo award for ust have beauty products!
Go grab it gurl.
Cost about RM126.

From my budget cash flow for the coming 2 months, which means in December, I need to spend almost RM2k for skin care and make up. Replenishing the stocks. BB make ups, SKII essence, hand cream, nail cream, eye cream, facial wash, perfume, and blah blah blah...
Gulp!!

If I'm getting what I'm targeting....
hehehehe...LV is a definite YES before CNY!
wow!

Then Myoga membership.

Then my Phuket-HK-Bali-Taiwan trips...

Slowly slowly slowly...

All will happen in 2009

Awwwwww...fingers crossed

1 comment:

Choco Tan said...

wah seh! So on ah u!! hahaha... I think the alternate way to indulge yrself especially from all the hard work, is to go for massage and facial! i can't wait for my facial next weekend!!! though the process is excrutiating..at least, it helps my skin condition! :P