Saturday, October 11, 2008

My first Moet Chandon on a romantic (but K.O surprise) party!

I’ve been searching high and low for a suitable birthday present for him.
I went to do some window shopping and market research last weekend.
Man...I never notice how hard it is for me to look for a present especially for him until last week.
After preparing the detail list of items that can qualify as his present, brain storming for few more days and finally I had shortlisted 5 items that can consider as a good buy for him with valid reasons:
1. Document Bag – his one had torn long time ago
2. Cuffing – he owns only 2 pairs
3. Smart phone case – his new smart phone do not come with a chic casing
4. Neck tie – he does not own a quality neck tie
5. Pen – a professional signature comes from a quality and presentable pen

I’ve been walking almost every day last two weeks to search any of the above items. But the annoying part is my instinct keep on saying to think twice before swiping my card again. Not that I am gam siap lar, just that my ‘he’ does not simply buy stuff for unnecessary reason. He only spends on necessities. So then, I shortlist the above list again with reasons of deleting the other items:

Winner – Document Bag – I think he really needs one
Cuffing – nothing caught my eye
Smart phone case – the hardest thing to look for
Neck tie – he don’t even wear it for work
Pen – the one caught my eye was from Mont Blanc. Retail at RM1360, fountain pen. Crazy meh? Pen only wor..

And again I start searching for the document bag since that is the only item left for me to buy.
The one really caught my eye was Bally signature bag. Retail at RM1400++ Syiok! However, I was in dilemma between buying this one for him or another bag for myself. The design is exactly what I am looking for and retail at only RM5600++. Way cheaper than LV. I almost wanted to buy both that night and luckily ji mui Chewy was beside and keep on reminding me the purpose of the shopping, which is to look for his present and not mine. So, I walked out telling the sales rep I need time to think about it.

In the end, I did not get the bag as I think the bag was too big for him.
So being kia su again, I confronted him. Telling him the bag I suppose to get him. He rolled his eyes as if in shock that I will spend that much money for just a bag. I felt bad. He spent his fortune for me and I actually confronted him before making decision to spend on him..feel so bad!

Okay..call me gam siap.

He insisted I should spend on food for him. I decided to bring him to Lemon Tree @ Shangri La for a sumptuous buffet dinner. I’ve been there previously and the food taste is not bad, worth the money but the main reason I choose this restaurant because its buffet consists mostly meat which will be the best choice for him.

So on Saturday night, we went out for dinner and turn out that he was not too fond over the food. Gosh..sad for me..again, I paid almost RM300 for a dinner which he didn’t enjoy much.
Therefore, I have to make it work the next round.

His birthday falls on Thursday and on the eve; he was having dinner with friends and colleagues. Thus, my surprise plan starts after his dinner and my work.

As we share the same house, the stuffs for that surprise bash cannot be pre prepared as he will know of course! So I left with no choice but to get ready everything on that night of his eve. I am only available after 8pm that night, and he will be back by 10pm. So I had only 2 hours left for everything to work.

Grabbed my car keys and strolling all the way to Plaza Damas. Get into a wine shop and search for some red wine at first. But at a glance, my eye caught the Moet. Mmmmm...Retail at RM350. Gulp! That’s pricey. But it’s Moet! My mouth starts watering thinking about the taste. So without hesitation, I get our first Moet. Rush up another level to get a birthday cake. The name of the cake is Opera, and its choc and mocha flavour.

~~~ my Moet & Chandon~~~
Then rush back to mamak stall to get the ice for chilling my Moet.

Get everything prepared on the table. Change my clothing to a more appropriate one. Off the lights. Get the jazz music started and wait.

And Bubu also waited anxiously at the door. (he just freaked out why lights are off, actually! LOL)

Once doors opened..

Ta-da...

Happy birthday to you...........

Before I can finish the last line, he snapped in and said he knew I am preparing a surprise party just that he couldn’t think of what I will be doing. Damn...my nervous crack previously spoiled the whole thing. He said I called too many times confirming when he is coming back home.

Well, I am just worried that I do not have enough ice to chill my Moet as the ice I bought was melting and clock is ticking.

Though, he seems very happy about the whole thing. The old saying: thoughts that count!!
So we had almost half bottle of Moet. Wasted, just too tired for rushing here and there, and was sipping Moet with empty stomach. The alcohol just shoots up the brain and does its thing!

Still have half a bottle left in fridge but the taste gone.

Should have drink all before collapsing!
Wasted.

Well, it is still a romantic night to remember.
I’m wondering what my next surprise for him. Must be well planned and a real surprise for him!





3 comments:

二打六 said...

aiyo...princess piggie...need to be sooooo sweet meh...show off lah u...kekeke~~~

Sherlyn said...

no lar..
just want to 'sai meng' oni...
hehhehehhee

Sherlyn said...

thanks michelle.