Thursday, December 25, 2008

Cameron Highland (2d1n trip..so tiring)

The originate of this trip was from AiLing's idea.
Was merely a normal msn chat that she mentioned to go on holiday with her family to Cameron in conjunction with the Haji public holidays.
I was thinking, why don't I bring my mommy for 2days 1night trip? She will be thrill!
After much hesitation by her and my boyfriend and hassle of finding the hotel stay there.
We finally get it through the plan.

AiLing's family was very early that they reach my place sharp at 6something in the morning.
Then we, brought them for the most famous Jln Ipoh dimsum.
Was in the wee hours in the morning, I hardly take any bites there.
My stomach still in sleeping mode.
After the breakfast..off we go!

My mom did a very good job of trying to avoid me for dozing off while driving.
She kept talking all the way from the dim sum place till we reached the resting area for toilet break till we reach Simpang Pulai until we reach Cameron Highland - highest peak - Brinchang.
The drive from Simpang Pulai to Cameron was ok. The roads were wider and I feel comfortable driving. So driving up is totally recommended using this new route - Simpang Pulai. But this route takes 30-45mins longer than the Tapah's one. But if you are a carefull and coward driver like me, I really recommended you using Simpang Pulai.

When we reached the peak, we were amazed by how cold the weather was and crowded the highland was. It seems the whole Ipoh and KL peeps were camping there.

Due to my researches about nice food in the highland and even driving to the wrong town, we managed to get a bite and refreshment from this cafe. It was recommended by all websites regarding the highland.
The name of the cafe: T Cafe. Situated just along Starbucks (the only Starbucks in town)
They serve the best scones. Sorry lar was too busy chomping down the scones. So I got the menu list instead. LOL

The chicken chop ordered by my BF. The souce is GOOD!

Tasteless onion soup. Not a good pick
Weirdest taste lagsana. Not my thing!
After fulfilling our stomach, and unable to check in to hotel, we decided to drive around the area and we make it to a moderate size cactus park. Here we cam whoring the beautiful flowers and scenes as much as we can. The following are some nice shots. With excellent lighting and posing. Fierce!
Rather 'new' colour for our Hibiscus

That's my mom. She aint looking at the camera!

Some flowers pictures snapping
Colourful CACTUS!

Ah...Lavender.....

Mickey Mouse Cactus +_+

Me and mommy

I think this is ODD.....=_=

The weather wasn't good for a walk during our visit, but that did not STOP us for doing the market shopping spree! When it was about time to check in, we rushed back to the hotel. We stayed in Century Pine Hotel and situated at Tanah Rata. Since I booked through an agent website rather than directly to the hotel management, I was not worried of getting no room as I had paid 10% deposit on my room rate. But surprisingly, the rooms that I booked were all full and there was NO room for me! With hesitation, the manager had to exchange a suite for my deluxe room. At peak season like this, the suit cost RM560 per night. But I was only charged RM200++ for my deluxe. Of course with the same rate of a deluxe room, my family is staying the suite instead! Wohohoho...Was darn excited getting into the room.

The living hall

A staircase in the room!

A door that separated the upper and lower floor

Staircase leading into the bedroom

Aww..the western european attic feel

A HUGE bed

After a nap, we went to the local night market for another round of shopping. The rain was soaking us and the cold wind almost kill us. Then, we headed to hunt our dinner. The restaurants were all crowded so we really did not know which to pick. So we end up trying the Cameron Highland Steamboat restaurant. The taste of the soup is good. But consider at average rating.

After the dinner only we realised there was a restaurant serving organic vegetables steamboat named: Blue Mountain. Should try this instead. Anyway, too late to say so.

We tried the 'yin yang' soup. Original and Tomyam. FYI, TomYam the best in such cold weather!

AiLing and BF busy steamboat-ing

Was a real tiring night for me, the driver, decision maker and banker. Before I called it a night, managed to snap the vege and fruits I bought from the market.

Those were for my BuBu

Huge radish! Only costs me RM2.50

Red ripe STRAWBERRIES

The next morning, we enjoyed our breakfast at hotel which served continental and local breakfast in buffet style. Erm, I am not fond over buffet, so just get my stomach fulled after scramble eggs, toast, corn flakes, fruits and orange juice. I am totally over the buffet. The food taste moderate too but the coffee sucks! As I am a caffeine addict, I am sure if I did not take the dose for the day, I will be at no fit position to drive (well, serious eh?) So, we walked to the Starbucks to get some there.

As we walked......


And as we walked....

And as we still walking...

Geez, we still need to checkout no matter how I love the cool wind and environment here. So, before leaving the hotel, we snapped more pics.

B-L-U-E Christmas Tree? I prefer the tradition one though.

Before, leaving the highland, we dropped by the WaterCress Valley. That's water cress. I prefer it in soup!

We used the same route back to Simpang Pulai. The road going down is KILLING Me! The gradiant is too steep for a nervous geek driver like me. So this make a BIG NO for me to drive down if I am given the second chance. I think I did hear the drivers at the back cursing me for being a snail. And I think I ruined my BF car too. The brake pedal must be finished!

As we touched the ground safe and sound, we decided to get some Ipoh famous Chicken Rice before ending our trip. Thanks to Agnes direction, we managed to get to this place. Crowded and the food I rated it above average. The umph given to the rice they serve. Fabulous. Lou Wong Tauge Ayam Restoran.

Nice tender chicken. Taste good.

How can we missed the bean sprouts!

I had two bowls of rice with that chicken and bean sprouts. Yummy! I was so worn out driving down from the highland and I need carbs and sugar to get my attention back on the track. (Lame excuses for a Pig)

Anyway, from there we really end our trip.

It was really tiring for me, and I think same goes to AiLing...

Just can't wait for the next trip.. :P

1 comment:

二打六 said...

wei.....let me follow next time leh.....jealous lah.....T_T