Sunday, November 14, 2010

A dream gown?

at this age, every woman (ok, princess piggie is a woman..not a girl anymore :P )with a steady partner, with most girlfriends are married or on the way to Las Vegas (don't wanna put Tian Hou temple lar..so bullish) and 'marriage' - magical word came up during the normal dinner conversation..Guess, hoping for a dream gown and your dream wedding is already in the making in your mind.

I've been dreaming about my wedding like every young girls do. Since a child, and full of fairy tales, prince charming and church wedding looks so romantic..But reality kicks in..my prince not charming and this princess not cinderalla..i looks more like the princess in Shrek! except i'm not green in colour! rofl..

Being very realistic..
marriage was forced into our conversation..
As i grow older day by day..i'm kind of freak out that time is passing real fast..
I already missed my chance of a lifetime to have my father witness my wedding..so i aint gonna miss the chance for my mom not being my witness..
So i did pop out the question, and sounded extremely lame..
I still laughed at myself..and wanna hide in between the pillows..(though space not so big lar)
while chomping down the food (it was a conversation over dinner) "B...erm...how long have we been together" (urgh...wanna kill myself for such a lame intro line!!)
My frog prince replied: almost 5 years...
Take a deep breath : erm..well, have you think of the future..
Bang! wanna shoot myself!!
How could I be soooo freaking lame..where is the tough classy princess piggie gone?!
So there how we started talking and making plans..little by little...
My frog prince..is not rich royalty. He had to work freaking hard to earn every penny..
So frog prince is not on his white horse..just a white Myvi..
Before I can put my dream wedding on the paper, we need to get all other patty things covered!

Well, first of all is to get a joined account. As seen on tvb drama, all couple needs one..maybe some of you will be curious why we are not financially independent? we are actually..just need this extra funding to get the expenses paid off in order to achieve our dream wedding...
This is the first step and we have really started yet.
Still kind of nervous doing this though...But next week we gonna get the engine starts!

Next is the house..
This is serious..we need a house that can fit us...my mom..extra room for his parents to drop by, rooms for the kids (four and two legs)
Getting this done is gonna take a lot of efforts..A house in KL..a busy town..gonna cost us a fortune..
Sigh..

Only with the house ready (inclusive of renovation and well equipped furniture) then, with available cash..
we only can think about the wedding..

Long long way to go..
And lots of argument, I foresee..
will my frog prince get a cold feet on this? I hope not! Fingers crossed!!

So..what is my dream wedding?
I always wanted a church one..but then not a holy christian, that is out..
Garden reception in KL..hell no..both of us will be soaking wet with sweat..

Mom is always a tradition follower...
I can picture both of us going through very traditional wedding..
A chinese wedding gown with lots of gold..
But I cannot have frog prince wearing the male chinese wedding costume though..
A suit will do...nothing more..the bride is the center of attention mah..who cares who is the groom anyway? rofl

Then night will be in a hotel..
I hope it will be a big event room..
Not because of the guests..(though I sure both side parents will fill up the list by an hour)
I love spacious room..No guest gonna squeeze in to get into their seats!
The opening gonna be great and special..
I told Chew bout it and wanna keep it between me and her..hehe
Then...no karaoke session..they will be performer..but a paid one..
Jazz and blues music and our fav songs will fill the room..
The menu, simple and delicious will be the main category..but no sharkfin will be serve..Cos, we love the environment! Muahahaha...
Cocktail party after the wedding dinner is a MUST!
Need to get both of us a break after the full stressful day event!

Oh well, reality kicks in AGAIN..
hmmmphhh..So while trying to stay focus on the coming exam..
I was surfing through the web and had the urge to type her name on the Google search tab: Vera Wang
The goddess for bridal gown.
On her site, I saw one..favorite..
A wedding full with love and laughter...and a Vera Wang design bridal gown..OMG..
Puuuuuuuurrrfeeectttttt!!

Have a peek:

http://www.verawang.com/wedding/fall-2010/#/?look=11

And how I hate REALITY!!
before the above rolling...the proposal from my frog prince..
That's the most important part in my life..
My ultimate proposal..
Oh dear frog prince, please don't ruin the proposal ok?
Just simple request..make it a special one..and 3 rings..
3 RINGS!!!!

1) for the proposal..the bigger the better!!
2) for the engagement...can be slightly smaller than the proposal one..1mm??
3) for the wedding...this one can be a simple platinum plated ring..

And most importantly..your heart that counts!!!

No comments: